What occupies my time

I haven’t been able to play LOTRO as much as I’d like lately. There are a few reasons for this. Foremost among them is that I really only enjoy playing when I can play with my friends. Lately they have not been on much for one reason or another. So even when I do log on, I see that nobody else is online and I log out fairly quickly. Perhaps we are just missing each other. Not sure what’s going on there.

Also, it seems like I’ve been pretty busy in the evenings of late. As usual, two nights a week I have music practice; and in the last few weeks, I had my orchestra concert, string recital, and I attended the CSU Stanislaus Percussion Ensemble performance. Tomorrow night I am doing the music for the vigil Mass for the Immaculate Conception.

My weekends have been full too. Last Saturday, for example, I had music practice with Carmelo, went to the Honda dealership to get my oil changed, had choir practice in the afternoon, and went to P. Wexford’s in the evening for the monthly Irish Sessuin. This week, I will be hanging out at Barnes & Noble all afternoon for a classmate’s book-signing, likely playing at the 5:30 Mass (for the last time), and hopefully going to see The English Beat play a concert downtown. Too busy!


Just a few weeks ago, I was noticing that my Tivo’s now playing list was getting rather short. Well, there has been a dramatic reversal there. Now I’m worried that it’s filling up too fast. So one of the things I have been doing instead of playing LOTRO is trying to watch these programs to take a bite out of my backlog. In a way, it makes me glad for the WGA strike. Less new content coming up to worry about. And, I have dropped Bionic Woman from my list of shows to record. It never really got very good and I won’t miss it at all.


And so, dear reader(s), I ask you: how are you managing your time during this final month of the year?

Comments (2)

Well, I am trying to catch all the episodes of CSI (all the cities), Ugly Betty, and Pushing Daisies, which is odd since I normally don't watch tv. I am also taking care of my infant & pre-schooler while putting serious thought into doing my school work. I, too, have not logged many LOTRO hours lately. I have made a new character on CoH to try out the new power sets. I had forgotten all the things that I liked about the game. And when will I put up my Christmas tree, which can be a labor intensive and time consuming process? I must say, if I could have one superpower, I would choose the ability to stop/step outside of time. Could have the house clean, the tree up, the homework finished, and have a good nap in an instant, thus leaving me the remainder of the day to play. I want you to start research immediately on how this can be done.

I've been watching Heroes as research.